Format & Call Letters
Classic Country - KDLR 1240 AM & 99.7 FM
KDLR is Devils Lake Classic Country station!
KDLR plays the biggest Country music artists in America today.
We're proud to be locally owned and operate with a focus on the community we call home.
KDLR targets affluent Baby Boomers Adults 35-64.The Country Music format year to year continues to remain one of the most popular music formats in America today and one of the best performing formats for advertisers.
We play the Icons of Country Music! KDLR listeners tune in to hear the biggest Country artists such as Merle Haggard, Patsy Cline, George Jones, Marty Robbins, Dolly Parton, Buck Owens, Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, Ray Price, The Statler Brothers, Tammy Wynette, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams, Conway Twitty, Eddy Arnold, Charlie Rich, Charley Pride, Wynonna Judd, George Strait, Oak Ridge Boys, Marty Robbins, George Jones, Clint Black, and more.
The KDLR Country music format has become a very popular "At Work" choice for listeners.
KDLR allows advertisers to reach a large affluent active consumer group in their prime spending years that can’t be reached with any other station.
KDLR has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: KDLR targets Affluent Baby Boomers in the 25-64 age group. Most of Country Radio listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
- Over 20% of Country listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Over 16% of Country listeners in America are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- Almost 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Over 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 25-34 years old.
- Over 15 % of Country listeners in America are adults 65+.
Gender: Country listeners in America have approximately a 50/50 split between males and female.
Household Income: KDLR listeners have high earning power.
- Over 25% of Country listeners in America has an income over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Country listeners in America has an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- Almost 30% of Country listeners in America has an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
Occupation: KDLR listeners are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry and are employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: KDLR listeners are well educated and the majority have attended college.
Investments: KDLR targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: KDLR attracts listeners who actively participate in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, hunting, ATVing, camping, and hiking. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
Market your business to thousands of potential new customers each week with KDLR.
KDLR listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
KDLR targets homeowners. A huge category for these consumers is home improvement.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years:
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
The KDLR is targeted to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
KDLR Listeners Have Purchasing Power
KDLR targets affluent consumers with high disposable income.
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
KDLR is committed to delivering the best value for advertisers today delivering an audience in their prime purchasing years.
We Target The Most Powerful Demographic Force In American History
Every year, the U.S. Consumer Expenditure Survey shows adults 55-64 outspend the average consumer in nearly every category, from food, household furnishing, entertainment, personal care, gifts, etc.
- Boomers will make-up HALF of the entire U.S. population.
- Boomers control HALF of the nation’s aggregate household spending.
- Adults 50+ will continue to be the most powerful consumers in the marketplace.
-The US Census shows the senior age group is for the first time the largest in terms of size and percent of the population in the U.S.
-Over the next 30 years, the 65+ population will be larger than the younger generations.
-The 50+ population has $2.4 trillion in annual income, which accounts for 42% of all after-tax income in the U.S. (Consumer Expenditure Survey).
-Boomers and seniors have a net worth 3x that of younger generations (Economic Policy Institute).
-Baby boomers account for nearly $230 billion, or 55% of consumer packaged goods sales (Nielsen).
-Boomers spend $157 billion on trips every year (NextAvenue).
-Americans 50+ account for half of all consumer spending.
-Boomers outspend younger adults online 2:1 on a per-capita basis (Forrester).
KDLR delivers listeners with a high disposable income in their prime spending years.
KDLR Coverage Maps
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here